Swelling is one of the commonest signs of dermal-filers. Mild-swelling gets disappeared quickly, but severe ones take a lot of time for recovery. Severe ones should be treated o time. Otherwise, you might experience chronic consequences at the end of the day. Injections at areas around upper-lip and mouth usually lead to swelling. Chronic swelling might even make the injected-look distorted.
Preventing swelling during treatment:
If the doctors take good care at the time of filler-treatment, then only post-treatment swelling can be prevented. Some of the best precautions that are usually adopted during treatment are as follows:
- Deciding the right numbing cream: If numbing-cream is applied by your dermatologist and kept for at least 20-30 minutes before injecting-process then only swelling or bruising can be prevented. On the other hand, the patients will receive the highest comfort without experiencing any painful sensation. Anesthetic-creams need to be carefully chosen by the surgeon. There are many anesthetic-creams that make the blood-vessels constricted as a result of which bruising occurs.
- Implementing the best dermal filler technique: If the surgeon is pretty experienced and qualified, then he will surely use only advanced and safe filler-techniques. These kinds of techniques will never bring unwanted swelling along rather your skin will remain protected for a long time. Roughest injection techniques is one of the main causes of swelling, and thus the medical professionals should avoid doing the same. Bruising can be now easily prevented only using soft and gentle touch. Injecting dermal fillers is an art and requires a lot of skill, that’s why we recommend to choose the best dermal fillers cosmetic surgeon. Please avoid bad surgeons as you may experience swelling after dermal fillers.
- Using ice-bag: Ice-bags should be applied at the injected-site immediately after completing the process so that the patients can get the highest comfort and for reducing the chances of swelling. This is really quite an effective practice, and your doctor should essentially do the same as a part of post-treatment care.
- Adopting necessary precaution: If any part is found to be bleeding a bit, then immediate actions should be taken. Necessary pressure needs to be applied out there along with the ice-bag application to prevent bleeding immediately. This is how swelling can be prevented. Good-injectors are pretty expert, and thus they do not experience this kind of situation at all. They follow such a specialized injecting-technique that blood does not come out from the treated-part.
- Suggesting best treatments: There are some specific treatments that can help in swelling prevention, and those therapies can be only suggested by an expert dermatologist. If those treatments are applied on time, then excessive post-treatment swelling can be easily avoided.
Preventing swelling after dermal filler treatment:
There are many predominant factors by which it can be decided that how long the swelling will be healed. Some prominent factors in this respect are treatment aggressiveness, healing characteristics of patients, skin condition, injection techniques and other related ones. After treatment, some valuable precautions can be adopted for avoiding swelling, and they are as follows:
- Ignoring minor-swelling after dermal-filler treatment can take quite a dangerous form in future and thus you should never ignore the matter rather you should inform the same to your doctor in time. If minor-stage is treated on time, then dreadful consequences in future can be surely avoided.
- Alcohol should be avoided strictly minimum for one full day after the treatment. In fact, this is a special instruction from every cosmetic surgeon dealing with dermal fillers. On the other hand, staying away from smoking is also a great idea in this regard. Leading a healthy lifestyle is very much needed for avoiding post-treatment complications.
- There are some medicines that cannot be taken after dermal-filler treatment, and some of them are Excedrin, aspirin, Advil and alive. These medicines might bring allergic-reactions and excessive swelling at injected-sites. Tylenol is sometimes allowed to be taken as it helps in pain-reduction. Only those medicines or supplements should be taken that have been instructed by your surgeon so that best results can be obtained without any side-effects. Do not take any OTC medicines for even mild swelling rather you should inform the same to the doctor. The doctor will definitely prescribe the right medicines after examining the dwelling type, nature, and causes.
- Intensive-exercising can be very much harmful to The injected-site might get disturbed as a result of which bumpy-eruptions might be experienced. There should be of traces of exercises for minimum 24-28 hours of treatment. Make sure that heart-rate is below 100. Hot-yoga should be strictly avoided as that might bring acute complications. Walking under the sun for long hours is also not allowed. Make sure that the injected-areas should not come in contact with any heat.
- No cosmetics or makeup products should be used especially sunscreen. This is because the make-up application might invite allergies due to unwanted chemical reactions. Even if the makeup is organic then also you should not use them over treated portions. Using hats while moving outdoors will be the most convenient option, and this option can surely replace the need for using sunscreens.
- Both are massaging and squeezing should be avoided. Try to keep the injected sites absolutely untouched, and this will help in quick recovery. Extreme pressure or massaging might make the outcome negative, and this outcome might lead to the outbreak of swelling. Therefore, you should apply neither any moisturiser not any oil over the areas for at least a week. Your doctor will definitely instruct you the best massaging ways that are necessary for speedy recovery, and you should follow them only.
- There are homely practices that need to practice on a regular basis to stop any eruptions. The ice-pack application is common of all. Ice-packs can be applied for multiple times in a day as it has got no side-effects at all rather painful or red treated-sites can be relaxed.
Pulse dye-laser is now getting used by cosmetic-surgeons for accelerating healing period and also for the sake of treating swelling after filer-treatment. Until and unless the swelling gets disappeared the doctor will not be able to understand that whether the impacts of the treatment are positive or not.